U.S. Democracy 1776-2011

American Democracy

(1776 - 2011)

I would like to talk about the blessings I have received this August. Today, on August 3, I celebrate two years of sobriety and I have published my first book. I went to my family reunion and got a chance to see my ninety-five year old grandfather. Further, my father’s health is improving and I hope to go to the Jersey shore to see my brother to do some offshore fishing. The blessings God has given me should be a reason, for joy.

Unfortunately, there is a feeling of rage that is boiling deep in my soul. Seeing the obstructionism and vindictiveness of a group of jackasses, who are trying to stage a coup d’état to overthrow our president and torpedo our government infuriates me to the point I see red. I've been taught by good writers that before you write a letter laced with profanity and insults to wait a couple of days before you print it. I have waited two months and cannot wait any longer.

This rag tag group of anarchists who call themselves patriots are not only pissing off Americans they are also making us the stooges of the world. They are intent on destroying what was once considered the greatest innovation of human civilization, democracy, by pulling their pants down and urinating on it. This act of buffoonery is now spilling over to people who don’t what to be involved in a political chicken fight; they want to live in peace and be removed from the power struggles going on in Washington.

I blame the America people for this. Countries like Libya and Egypt riot in the streets to remove leaders who govern contrary to the interest of their people. Theoretically, we have free and civilized elections. Yet, we still end up with extremists in office.

The current disgraceful display in Washington reminds me of a scene from the movie Armageddon where Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, and Billy Bob Thornton try to save the world from an asteroid wiping out human civilization. Although that was fiction, this is a real life disaster where Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, and John Boehner have to sacrifice themselves to stop the Tea Party from destroying democracy.

The only difference between the fictional disaster and the real life disaster is the outcome. In Armageddon, the heroes found a way to destroy the asteroid. In real life, America has a group of terrestrial asteroids headed straight for democracy without a plan to destroy them

America has always had extremists among their elected officials. However, like a tumor, they are indentified and removed from office. But I feel America has a mutant strand of insanity that will be hard to get rid of. This is sending civilization back to the days of Roman Emperor Caligula, who once named one ass as a senator; however our country didn’t want to be outdone and decided to elect eighty to Congress.

It’s hard not to cringe when hearing yahoos like Michele Bachman and Rush Limbaugh muck up the constitution and distort history. More frightening is that people listen to these Teavangelicals.

Although the future looks dire, there are some remedies. Use our tax dollars to invest in history books. Our education system is failing us. It’s no secret America has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world and the Tea Party proves it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is A Beijing Biden Presidency A Lock Or, Is President Trump Taking The Media For a Ride?

If Congress Can't Provide Checks For Us, Stop Giving Them Checks This November

Liberal White Guilt Not Racism Has Done More Harm Than White Supremacy